Monday, November 29, 2010

An Open Letter to Racing

Dear Racing,

I want to clear the air about my new found appreciation for you.  It's not that I love you; cause seriously, I could do without your drama. You're all hot one minute; making me feel good and then the next you make me wish I was dead.  Suuuuure the last time we hung out you were all sweet and told me I could do it.  (And I did...almost.) But normally you are a total butt kicker.

Anyway, since you were so nice last weekend my defenses were down and I agreed  (against my better judgement) to run with you again in a month or so (with more friends going a longer distance.)  Please don't make me look like a fool---AGAIN.  Cause, I had pretty much given up on you before last weeks race and then you go and be all sweet.  (You know, like a loser boyfriend that I know I SHOULD break up with but CAN'T because he sweet talks me out of it in the final moments.)

So, Racing, the point is this:  We can hang out only as a social event (meaning if I have friends running, I will run)---that is it.  And as long as my people are wanting to hang out with you---I will continue to come around but just remember I'm showing up for them...NOT for you.

Regretfully  yours,

Someone that wants to break up with you but can't....yet.

0 comments:

Quotes