Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reason #787890 I Love My Husband

I can't believe I forgot to log this post last week!

Last Wednesday (my birthday) after work; I worked out, came home, showered, and put on my favorite sweats---I've been wearing them since my days at good ole FAU. (Seriously, these sweats have been everywhere with me: Cabo San Lucas, Costa Rica, Hawaii, Bonaire, Jamaica, and over half the states here in the US. They've been through numerous moves, break ups, and sick/lazy days. And for the record: they are still going strong; I can even wear them to family dinner and my mother still hasn't demanded I retire them....although, I'm not sure she realizes how long these sweats have been in our lives.)

Anyway the point is this: I was wearing the sweats when Hubs came home. Our conversation went like this:

Me: You're Home!

Hubs: Happy Birthday, Birthday Girl!

Me: Yep...it feels good to be 23! Is that my present behind your back?

Hubs: Yes, here you go!

(I feverishly open the bag to find one piece long john PJs!

Me: Yay! If only they had a trap door

Hubs: They don't make trap doors for girls.

Me: Lame

Hubs: Try them on!

(Sweats come off. Long Johns go on.)

Hubs: They look good.

Me: Yay

Hubs: Are you ready to go eat Sushi?

Me: Yeah, I guess

Hubs: You don't want to go?

Me: No I do. I just don't want to get all dressed and stuff...can I wear my sweats?

Hubs: Oh course! Its your birthday!

Me: Really? I can really wear my sweats out on my birthday date and you will still give me bday action later?

Hubs: Uh Yeeeeeeah. Of course! Duh.

Me: Sweet!

And then the sweats went back on...Hubs even gave me some awesome birthday cuddles later on.

0 comments:

Quotes