Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pilgrim Pacer 2010

I have taken quite a little break from racing.  (Of course I use the term 'racing' loosely as I mostly just run and finish when I finish.)   But Hubs and I ran the Pilgrim Pacer on Saturday at Unity Village.  We were both suppose to run the 10k but I totally changed to the 5k at the last minute.  ( I've been running a little over 3.5 miles pretty regularly with a Jacqui and I knew I could do it...I just didn't want to.)  I completed the 3.1 miles in 34 minutes which is a little bit faster than I normally run so I felt good about my PR and I'm sure if I had ran the whole 10k I would have ran it quite a bit slower.  Overall, I had a good time and like the idea of doing just one event.

Next weekend is our last race of the year---the Gobbler Grind at Corporate Woods.  I have several friends running the 5k with me so I'm really looking forward to  a fun morning of fitness, friends and lots of laughing.  Afterwards, we are gonna have a celebratory brunch at Hamburger Marys (we are celebrating Laurie receiving her very first finishers medal.  There was an unanticipated lack of medals at her first triathlon and she felt a little cheated...so now she will totally have a medal to show off :)

Then, we done racing til the spring!  Yay!

0 comments:

Quotes