Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010 was a tough one.  It's the first Christmas without my Grandma and coincidentally the first Christmas I've spent in a home that I've never lived in...Other than that, Christmas was good.  My Mom and Dad know how to make a holiday special and family is what Christmas is really all about anyway.  (Although, those new Uggs felt kinda nice.  And when you couple those new boots with my new North Face jacket..it was quite a warm and cozy holiday :)

Friday, we went to Hubs' parents house.  I helped Alda cook dinner and drink wine (well, I didn't help her drink wine, I helped her cook.  She drank her own wine.)  And then we did presents.  Hubs got tons of triathlon gear and I got a new purse, a specially made cross stitch that Alda stitched with tons of love.  I think Whitney was excited about her swim parka too.  The evening ended with a friendly game of Scrabble and I may or may not have won a game; which is kind of a big deal in the Carter household---they take their Scrabble very seriously.

On Saturday, we got up early and made biscuits and gravy at my moms.  I suppose Juls and Bret actually made the biscuits but we brought over the groceries :)  Then, it was time for presents!  Presents are always exciting.  My mom always knows exactly what we want and she does an amazing job of finding things we will love.  Then the eating started...again.  And pretty much didn't stop until we got home.  Although, I did take a small break to win a Yahtzee game. 
Finally on Sunday we bundled up and head to Arrowhead for the Chiefs/Titans game.  It was freezing, but we had a great time.  After the game, we cleaned up the house and had a quiet afternoon cuddling on the couch. 

I would say all in all Christmas 2010 was a success.  Maybe next year we will have a little one to celebrate the holiday with....

1 comments:

mom said...

I am so glad you had a great Christmas for the most part. I tried hard, but I too spent Christmas in a house that really doesn't belong to me, I decorated for you girls, spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day without my Mom, and I did change dinner. I couldn't fix Turkey and your mashed potatoes and gravy because my MOM loved that. The Holiday's were her favorite. So I agree it was a tough Holiday. I tried to be happy for all of you when all I wanted to do was cry. Maybe I will do better next year.

Quotes