Monday, December 6, 2010

Reindeer Challenge Weekend 2010

Over the weekend Hubs and I headed to STL to judge the Reindeer Challenge for Great Lakes Championship Company. 

Hubs and I got a solid 3 or 4 hours of laughing, talking, and giggling on the way to STL and then when we arrived watched the much anticipated "Ultimate Fighter Finale."  The finale took longer than the car trip and I was definitely ready for bed when it was over. 

Then, on Sunday we spent the day judging cheerleading.  Judging is an excellent way to stay relevant in a hobby that I still love (and getting paid doesn't suck either.)    This was my very first Jam Brands event though and I should have spent more time getting familiar with ALL aspects of their scoring sheet...but, after the first session I felt like I was rocking it out pretty confidently.  Luckily, we had a really hands on head judge---that was a lifesaver...especially for the first few teams. 

We met lots of cool people and I definitely did some serious laughing throughout the day, so I would say the competition was a compete success.
We didn't leave STL until 8ish so we didn't get back to KC until super late but Hubs being the most awesome husband in the world, he dropped me off so I could get to bed while he drove the 35 minutes each way to and from his parents house to pick up Mr. Tyson. 

I was sound asleep when we got home!  All in all I would say the weekend was full of fun, laughs, and good times!  I can't wait for the next one!

0 comments:

Quotes